CHIC FINDS

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The D.I.Y New Years Eve Cocktail Outfit

 ALL BLACK COCKTAIL  OUTFIT

BLAZER // SKIRT // CLUTCH // PUMPS
I have a really hard time finding dresses I love its gotten easier since the whole ladylike/retro look has been  trending. However prior to this it was either the dress was to short or not long enough I am 5''8 or it had no sleeves or it look like something an old lady would wear. This why I have a closet full of separates which comes with the gift  of versatility. So if you are like me and dont have a closet full of fancy dresses or you find yourself in need of cocktail attire on short notice then this is the post for you. 

The formula is simple a tuxedo or double breasted long line blazer and any bottom of your choice  all in the same color; skip the shell (this is important because this is what takes the look from day to night) finish off the look with an evening appropriate  shoe ( like this pair Here , more options Here) , bag ( like this patent one Here , or this sparkly one Here, see  more options Here) and accessories. 

I must warn you that this look is a lot easier to pull off if you have less to reveal around the décolletage  however  it is not impossible if you have the right undergarment ( like this great Plunge Bra Here). I was cautiously optimistic that this bra would keep my 38 DD girls in check but it did. So I would definitely recommend it, if you want further details ask in the comments. 

As I said earlier the formula is simple, I choose  my black long line blazer ( like this one Here) and I paired it with a lace skirt to dress up the look a bit more; finally I finished it off with an encrusted box clutch ( like this one Here) and my black pumps.

SHOP THE POST


INVENTORY ADDED TO THE SHOP!
HAVE A CHIC HOLIDAY XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment