CHIC FINDS

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blush Sweater dress and Pumps: Valentines Day Style & Outfit


forever 21, sweater, lace, dress

DRESS // PUMPS // CUFF // CLUTCH
Valentines day is exactly 10 days from today whether or not you are a proponent for valentines day there are still times where you want to get dolled up and look cute for your significant other or even for yourself. So if your not about that valentines day life then bookmark this post for when you just want to get dolled up.

The typical colors you see around valentines day are reds and pinks and I realized while prepping for this post that I dont have alot of pink and red in wardrobe; literally I have 5 items including accessories. Although I stay away from being cliche I still wanted to stick with the color theme for the day so I decided to go with blush pink.

  I was on a quest and when I walked into my local Forever21 this Dress (sold out online except size s, something  similar  Here )stopped me dead in my tracks I wish it was longer obviously but I am 5'8" so if your shorter than me and your hips and bum are smaller than mine this might look a little different on you ( it is a size large and I am between a 14-18, it also comes in black).

Blush pink seems to be a color that people tend to shy away from for two reasons one because its really close to white and 2 because they never know what to pair it with. Neutrals go really well with blush, so think gray , creams (like this gorgeous Shirt Dress) , camels and browns. If your not afraid of color green is also another that pairs well with blush.


I decided to pair the look with black pumps and a similarly colored blush clutch, my leopard cuff complete the look.
This post is a link up with  Jenesaiquoi.com ( who put together a cute and casual look for valentines) and hisandhersfashion ( whose look reminds us that you dont have to wear a dress on special occasions) so for additional Valentines Day inspiration go check out their posts!

SHOP THE POST




INVENTORY ADDED TO THE SHOP!