CHIC FINDS

Friday, June 5, 2015

Default: White Pumps & Ripped Denim

old navy , rock star, jeans, denim, Jessica, Simpson,  Claudette, d'Orsay, Pumps


whit pumps, ripped jeans, plus
JACKET // TEE // JEANS (TALL) // PUMPS
If you have been following this blog for a while you know its no secret that I love the Blazer and Denim combo. It is an outfit formula that does not disappoint and it is a go to. Especially when "I have nothing to wear".

As a mom I rarely have time before hand to put together outfits, so having go to looks like this when I am strapped for time ( which is like all the time) saves me a lot of hassle. I get questions from moms all the time about how to look polished when your strapped for time. The truth is there is no secret its all about planing when you have spare time.

 Now if putting together outfits is not your idea of fun, then having outfit formulas are an alternative. Granted I know I dont look polished everyday, but because I take the time to plan outfits  I am secure in knowing that if I have to get ready in a hurry I am fine. If you dont believe me you can see this outfit formula in action Here, Here, and Here.

 So for this look I started from the bottom up, I purchased these white pumps from Nordstrom sadly they where on sale and sold out (get them from Macys  Here). After trying two other pairs; the funny thing is that these weren't even the most expensive of the trio.

I love the details on this Pump the subtle embossed faux croc and the d'orsay style ( I think that what is called). I couldnt decide what I wanted to pair them with I tried them with my White Midi skirt ( which I wore Here) but the whites didnt work.  Since Ive gained a bit of weight this winter, I  was just having one of those days where I hated everything on me, so I decided I wanted to wear all black .

Im sure your wondering how one pulls off all black on an 85 degree plus day you do it with distressed/cut up Denim ( get it in Tall or Plus) and sheer open knits; like  this Tee from Forever21  that is  sheer, light weight and perfect for the summer ( get it Here or Similar in plus Here). Finally the look was just missing something & I realized  it was a Blazer so I went for this Light Weight Blazer that I thrift-ed eons ago ( get yours Here). Despite what people say you can wear Blazers in the summer just look for unlined Blazers in light weight fabrics like Linen (see Here) & Silk (see Here).

Finally dont forget to get your Tickets for theCurvyCon! Dont know what theCurvyCon is check out my post Here. Also message me about how to get $30 off your general admission ticket. 
Cant wait to see you there!

Do you have a fail safe combo or a signature look? what is it? share with us in the comments.

SHOP THE POST