CHIC FINDS

Monday, August 10, 2015

Monochrome: White Crop Top & Floral Midi Skirt

Glamorous, crop top, plus size




ASOS-Pencil-Skirt-in-Textured-Floral-how-to-wear-a-girdle
 TOP // SKIRT ( DRESS) // SANDALS // CLUTCH

Any one who knows me knows I dont play when it comes to ShapeWear. For me dressing is about the clothes, and foundations can make or break a look especially when you are plus.
Simply because you have those extra curves that mannequins dont have and most designers dont factor in. 
I think its important  to have an arsenal of foundations at your disposal at the very least a High waist Thigh Shaper, a High Waist Brief , finally a  Full Body Shaper .  For example This Miraclesuit High Waist Thigh Slimmer
will smooth you out in a badass dress like This ( which I have my eye on by the way), & this TC  Shapewear Smoothing  Half Slip  will compliment a skirt like This perfectly ( and  you wont have to worry about chaffing).

 I love a good Bra! When you are endowed with bosoms you cant afford to skimp in that department ( this Bra has 525 reviews and almost 5 stars!!). Lane Bryant is my go to for Bras and I always stock up on everyday Bras when they have a sale ( however if you are looking for longevity you may want to try department store brands  like These ).
 I love Lane Bryant's T Shirt Style Bras ( they just mold your boobs perfectly, and are so comfy ) and I recently pick up this One (left in only 38DDD) and these full coverage Ones
I also love Cacique because I can always  find specialty bras in my SIZE! like this extreme Plunge Bra (which I own )  and this Strapless Bra  which I have on in this outfit. 

As I stated before foundations are necessary in my opinion if you want your clothes to look their best on you; So you dont want to skip or skimp on them! Shop my Shapewear and Bra  picks down below.
As for my outfit I kept things pretty monochrome. My Asos Skirt (  on sale for $19!!) in sz 14  was the focus of the look so I choose pieces that would compliment it. Since the Skirt is pretty high waist-ed and fitted  I choose my Off Shoulder ( see off shoulder picks Here & even more Here)  billowy Crop Top to balance proportions. Finally I finished the look with my go to Lace Up Sandals in black ( also in Red) & continued the monochrome theme with my accessories.  Have  you started your fall shopping yet? If you havnt see This post you will thank me later.

So whats your philosophy on foundations (shapewear)? Is it a must have for you too?


SHOP THE POST


SHOP SHAPEWEAR


SHOP BRAS