CHIC FINDS

Sunday, August 21, 2016

An Open Letter + An Outfit : Off Shoulder Top & Lace Midi Skirt







SKIRT // TOP // SUNGLASSES (use code CHICSTER)  // PUMPS // HAT // CLUTCH
Boater Hats and Neck Scarfs definitely caught my eye this summer but as we know fall is literally here and Ive started to gravitate towards monochrome. So when I saw this Hat at Target for only $14 and it fit my large head. I knew it would easily transition with me in to fall. If your following me on Snapchat you'll know I live in headscarves , hats & Sunnies. I just have little tolerance for hair when its humid outside, so I knew this hat would get some wear. 

Tip: Love neutrals keep them from being basic by pairing them with a splash of color and or print

This outfit was definitely inspired by Blaire from Atlantic Pacific she is a Veteran in the blogger game and if your style is on the girly side then she is a must follow.As far as the rest of this look, I picked up the Skirt from Charlotte Russe plus (see what else I picked up Here) the "Top" is actually a romper from Asos, shoes are my trusty Aldo Leo Pumps which I will be retiring soon because I got These for only $24. 
If you want to know more about what Ive purchased or have eye on go Here. Finally my Clutch is from Zara from a few seasons ago. As I said earlier I tend to be gravitate towards neutral so a rule I live by is to always add color & print to my looks.

SHOP THE POST


Ive been reflecting alot lately as some of you may know I turned the big three O this year. Specifically Ive been thinking about this blog/business where I am going with it. I love that this platform (digital Space) allows me to share what I love & to be a resource but the truth is that it takes alot of work. While doing all of this I still have to juggle my commitments to my employer, husband, child, self and "this" has taken its pound of flesh from all these areas of my life especially my sleep.  

So Ive been reflecting on things like, growth , sustainability, building a team etc. I know at some point I will have to make some big decisions. Sorry for how cryptic this is I am just sharing whats in my head right now. 

ON MY RADAR


To my fellow momreprenuers if you have any tips tricks on how to balance, build a team etc definitely leave it in the comments. Also I am looking to collab with other creatives in the Baltimore area,email me Here. In other news I have something super exciting to share but I am waiting for the Ok. So stay tuned for that!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this style! I have been stalking that hat from Target for myself too. As far as tips building a team, you should think about what you need to outsource, start documenting your processes as well. Set up Asana or another project managent tool you will use to manage a team, a communication tool like Slack, explore automating some of the processes and consider hiring someone who can assist you with pulling a team together, as you already have so much on your plate. I am in the midst of doing that right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl thanks for the great feedback& for sharing these platforms it all seems so alien but will def start researching more. Im curious why is it important to document my process.

      Delete
  2. This outfit is soooo gorgeous! I love all things feminine, lacy, frilly, romantic...yeeeeesss! The hat was such an ingenious and unexpected twist to the all feminine ensemble. I love it though! Thanks for sharing your personal style. Keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KISHINA your a darling & totally right the hat def added to the look!

      Delete