CHIC FINDS

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Perfect Thanksgiving Outfit

plus-size-thanksgiving-outfit-old-navy-burgundy-high-waist-pants-target-v-neck-sweater-supplechic


Monochrome-outfit-how-to-wear-color-this-winter-plus-size-outfit-idea-tips-advice-supplechic
COAT // SWEATER // PANTS // PUMPS 
Dress codes for Thanksgiving really vary and depend  on the family, so if  this look is too formal, resist the urge to show up in sweats and come back on Monday (to see the outfit I came up with) I'll have a casual look posted.
When most people think of monochrome they think of either wearing black and white or wearing all black or all white. However you can wear color, I remember growing up I used to dislike matching  but that's not the case anymore. 
When it comes to matching (wearing all one color) there are no longer any rules. As long as the colors are in the same color family you can wear them together.
For this look I chose a Burgundy Sweater  ( only $12 plus 40% off) from Target, these copper colored High Waisted Pants  (are sold out but still comes in Green)  from Old Navy

Most of their Soft Pants are on  SALE  and under $15 with an additional 40% off !!  Seriously though, Old Navy is my go to for Pants and its because of prices like these! just saying.

 By the way These Old Navy pants are the perfect Pants ( you might like These too)  for Thanksgiving because they are high waisted and pleated so they will hide any food baby that may be conceived over the course of the evening. 
If youve gone for more "seconds" than you care to admit and are so stuffed by the end of the night, you will appreciate the fact that you can just untie the waist and revel in your food coma.

To tie the colors in the entire look together I choose to try the mini scarf trend.  I added a vintage Silk Scarf with colors from both the Pants and the Sweater which pulls the look together perfectly. I finished of the look with Black Pumps and my current favorite my Maxi Coat ( also got my eye on this One ) from Asos (so warm). 
I searched High and low for a Coat like this in plus (that wouldnt break the bank) and surprisingly, I found the Coat in the non plus section its a size 14. I took a chance because of its cut and it fits so well I have size 18 arms yall!! and there is room to spare . This is a perfect example of why its best to use numbers as just a guide. Its a great quality Coat, it dosnt shed or attract fur balls and is perfect for making any look (PJ's Included), look put together.
For more holiday outfit inspiration see This post.

SHOP THE LOOK



SHOP GIFTS FOR THE BOYS