CHIC FINDS

Monday, September 19, 2016

Tropical Print Top & Green Midi Skirt + A Gwynnie Bee Review




TOP // SKIRT // CLUTCH // SANDALS // NAIL POLISH
As soon as I saw the print on this top I knew I had to add it to my "closet/wardrobe/hanger"? ( the official term Gwynnie Bee uses seems to have slipped my mind). The top got extra points for me because it was off the shoulder and the colorful print had a black background. The print and top were part of an exclusively designed collection by Rachel Antonoff for Gwynnie Bee.

As I said one of the things about this top that endeared me to it was it's black background; even though tropical prints are typically reserved for the summer the black background makes it easy to transition into the fall. With that in mind I paired the top with an army Green midi skirt (under $12 Here) and kept all other accessories simple (Sandals & Clutch) in order to keep the top the focal point of the look. 

SHOP THE POST


Another great thing about the top is that its so versatile ( FYI its not cropped ). You can pair it with  leather trousers and cute pumps or dress it down with jeans, flats ( like these), a fedora, and the best part of it all is when your done you can send it right back to Gwynnie Bee

REVIEW
Basically GB is a subscription service that allows you to borrow/rent plus size clothing. The service exponentially expands your wardrobe without the cons.

Depending on what level you decide upon (e.g three garment at a time) you get to swap clothing out as often as you want without dealing with laundry or hording issues. In the event you love a piece you have the option to buy the piece. It's great for those who are on a fixed budget but want to look stylish or those with limited closet space.

Here is what I loved about the service each order comes with a pre-labeled envelope/s to send clothing back. Their is a size selector tool that helps you choose clothing based on your size in brands your familiar with (eg. Asos). You can indicate online that you will be returning things so the swap is super fast and you can prioritize your picks ( for example if you want to get a certain item first ).

Here's what I didn't feel great about, you had to choose a certain number of items before you could begin receiving your picks, I believe I had to choose nine. There weren't as many options of what I was looking for like Outerwear.

Gwynnie Bee did however have a mammoth selection of work friendly pieces especially dresses. Overall I liked the service. It's perfect especially if your on a budget, you get to bring in new items into your closet frequently without the clutter and debt that is typically associated with over shopping.
You'll save time cause your not at the mall as much and you'll probably have less I have nothing to wear moments and you can say goodbye to buyers remorse.

 Finally another great perk is if you have a special occasion, you won't have to break the bank for a dress you might wear once or twice. You can just get it and return it back to Gwynnie Bee. Interested? Go check out the service Here and get a SURPRISE.

No comments:

Post a Comment