CHIC FINDS

Sunday, September 25, 2016

NYFW RECAP Two: Featuring ONYII



If your not from the big apple its pace definitely takes its toll on you, especially during fashion week. From whizzing around the city trying to get to all the events (that you probably shouldn't have double booked), to trying to navigate the subway while dealing with the stifling heat. Not to mention trying to hail a cab because Uber loves to surge it  all becomes a bit much.


The second leg of the trip was a lot less hectic, Sunday unfortunately was kinda all over the place. We didn't make it to the Refinery 29 rooms exhibit in Brooklyn as planned, in retrospect I wish we had planned to go earlier, neither did we make it to brunch. However we did go to the J Loren presentation by the High Line and after that It was time to say Good bye to Val.

ONYII SS17
On my last day at NYFW I was flying solo I started the day at the Onyii Show. IN my opinion the entire collection screamed garden party!! perhaps in Lagos? The palette of blues, greens , pinks, oranges and white felt fresh and perfect for spring. I was especially drawn to the pink and white combo, unfortunately the photo isnt doing the look justice; because it was in keeping with the overall Onyii aesthetic but much more subtle with only the belt in print. Additionally the makeup complimented the theme well, the models sported dewey, glowy skin with pops of coral on the lips. Finally go check out and shop her fall collection Here, totaling drooling over these Widelegs.


After the show I did a little shopping to kill time around 34th street. Perused the HM studio collection ( luved This ) may or may not have splurged a little. Then I headed to Grand street for the DIA X FTF event. Those following on Snapchat saw that it was a collaboration between DIA & Co a personal styling service for plus women which sends you a curated box of pieces and Fashion to Figure . It was a great event I got to put real faces to a lot of my Instagram feed. 

After that I headed back to Chelsea and Milk studios for the LIKETOKNOWIT X MilkMakeup event and just like the other event I got to put faces to the other half of my Instagram feed. The event was "LIT" as they say and sadly my last hurrah!


Overall it was a great experience their are a few things I would do differently next year and a few things that I didn't love. I'd be happy to share my insights with you guys, let me know if interested in the comments.
So it's. Officially fall and I was thinking of doing a Fall Trends round up and shopping guide.  Sorta eluded to it in this Post.

One of you suggested I do a Fall handbag round up would you like that? 
Please leave your requests down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment