CHIC FINDS

Saturday, October 29, 2016

How to wear a Striped Dress : Suede Vest and Lace up Flats




DRESS // FLATS // BAG // SUNGLASSES // VEST

The first time I saw this ribbed Dress (sold out Similar) on Asos I knew it had to be mine, and after I saw it on Rochelle I couldn't have been more convinced. So I watched and I waited and finally it went on sale and I scooped it up. I think what I love about the Dress is the 70's aesthetic I just love that era in fashion. 

In keeping with that I paired the look with a Suede Vest from the Nsale. Nothing says 70's like brown suede and colorful stripes. I consider Vests a wardrobe must have for several reasons one of them being their camouflaging powers on those of us who do not have a six pack. In case you missed it I've gained a few pounds and some of it went to my mid section so Bodycons dont like my body as much as they used to; which is where this Vest comes in.

SHOP THE POST


The Vest is actually made out of a buttery soft faux suede, while shooting this look both Ola and Val remarked on the quality. I got the Vest in an XL and it fits my size 16/18 body perfectly. I'll have to style this Vest again on the blog because I wasnt thinking and didnt get a picture of the scalloped detail in the back. Its such a great piece and something I'd consider a classic, definitely one of my top Nsale finds.

Tip: Camouflage any midsection issues by pairing you Bodycons with Vests

The style of today's Dress is so versatile that I could have gone any way but I decided to go casual. I paired the dress with must have FLATS (goes up to sz 12) and a navy Tote that complimented the navy in the dress. To finish it off I choose a dusty pink pair of Sunnies (try Ditto use code CHICSTER) that complimented the look perfectly. As much as I love the dress I love how the look pulled together with the Vest.

BTW Asos is offering 20% off everything use code MAJOR20 ends tonight! dont forget to use EBATES to save even MORE.

Who is ready for the holiday season ✋🏿✋🏿 I am; its my favorite time of year and probably my most active time on the blog. Ive already updated the TABs above so you can start looking through  the "Holiday" tab for Outfit Inspiration, awesome Gift ideas. Id really love it if you guys would share feedback about what content you want to see more of (Gift guides, Outfit Ideas, Giveaways) let your girl know.

What is your favorite thing about the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVING this look! Most definitely need some simple and chic holiday party/NYE outfit ideas. Everyone always uses the sequin dresses and tops. Eh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh no! but I love sequins and sparkles around the holiday but i totally get having an alternative ill def keep it in mind Thanks for stopping by and commenting means the world 😘

      Delete