CHIC FINDS

Thursday, November 17, 2016

How to Wear Velvet : Holiday Party Outfit






DRESS // CLUTCH // COAT // SANDALS
The holiday season is no stranger to Velvet but this year I'd say Velvet is definitely having a moment (see Fall 2016 Trends) . When I think of Velvet, it evokes thoughts of opulence and elegance which is what makes it the perfect candidate for fancy Frocks.

However if wearing a Velvet suit seems suffocating there are so many ways you can embrace the trend without fully committing. 
If you're wondering how to wear Velvet start small with a Velvet choker or Head band
Not enough try a Bag or Velvet Boots, want more Try a Jacket/Duster
Love the trend try a Dress or a Jumpsuit 

If you're following me on snapchat you'll remember me trying this dress on at Target, it was an instant win! FYI the Dress comes in plus but I got an xxl from the regular line. As far as the look I decided to keep things simple, I wanted the Dress to be the focal point of the look so I paired the Velvet dress a (whowhatwear) steal at $34.99 with Clear sandals, a Box clutch, statement Bangles, and a long line Coat from Asos.

 I choose the coat (Similar) because its proportions/length matched the Dress perfectly. Little details like that make this very affordable holiday ensemble look expensive. Wait a minute, I just realized that this look is perfect for my ladies who arnt into sequins and glitter; the look can be worn to almost any holiday soiree, because its festive and sophisticated!

SHOP THE POST


Black Friday is literally a week away so check the site periodically for my sale roundups for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I do gift guides every year however this year I'd love your feedback on what categories you might be interested in Teens, Boyfriend, Mother in Law etc.

How do you feel about the Velvet trend Haute or Hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment