CHIC FINDS

Thursday, January 26, 2017

3 Ways to Take An Outfit From Day To Night : Red Pumps & Culottes

Valentines Day Outfit Inspiration



PUMPS // LEATHER JACKET // CROSS BODY // CULOTTES
Valentine's day happens to fall on a Tuesday this year which means most of us will be celebrating after work. Speaking of Valentines Day if you are looking for Gifts Ideas for Him make sure to check out This Post.

Luckily for me, the darlings at Dia & Co sent me these gorgeous Red Culottes (not be mistaken for These) and I thought why not pair them with my new Red pumps (Similar).

If you've got plans after work and no time to waste these3 tweaks tcan take you from day to night. For the sake of this post lets divide the body into 3 sections head, core, extremities.

Step 1 Head 

Let your hair down, change your part, toss it around a bit, add some rouge, or darken your eyes and wipe away the tiredness from the day by brightening up the undereye; also don't forget to add a bit of highlighter.

Step 2 Core

Ditch your blazer, twinset, cardigan etc. for night time appropriate outerwear a leather jacket, bomber or kimono. Consider switching your top too for something sheer, lacy or cut out.

Section 3 Extremities

 Finally ditch the sensible shoes 🚫, switch out your footwear for something strappy, leg lengthening or bold. Dont neglect your arms pile on your statement rings, bracelets and cuffs.

Three steps later you have a look very appropriate for life after hours.  
Now unto the outfit, I started the look off with Culottes ( Sz 18 Eloquii) into that I tucked in a layering Turtleneck from Nordstrom ( wearing an XL it's stretchy long and runs a half size big #essential ), on top of that I threw on my trusty Biker jacket from Old Navy.
For accessories, I knew I had to pair my red Pumps with the Culottes because it was the perfect Pant to show off the ankle detail. To break up the red and black and pull the look together I went for my thrifted mix metal crossbody (Similar).

Styling Tip: Pair your reds together (they don't have to match) it always makes an impact.

SHOP RED PUMPS

I'll say this I've been loving Pumps with the whole ankle strap detail (see this Post) just adds something you know.

How often do you go from work to after-hour engagements? How do you transition an outfit from Day to Night?

No comments:

Post a Comment