CHIC FINDS

Monday, March 25, 2013

SPRING TRENDS 2013: SUITS


After the hiatus we are back to spring trends as the title says the next trend is SUITS. So I have to say that one of two things must be happening its either I am getting older and my style is slowly becoming like my mothers "cringe" or fashion is truly repeating itself and my mother had killer style . I used to detest suits growing up, suits with embellishments, cut-outs, shoulder pads and lace; now I go thrifting looking for these things. 


Any way the "suit" trend has been building momentum  for some time, and as you can see Ms. Gabi was ahead of the curve. The suit trend has been modernized to include prints, lux fabrics, in season colors as well as shorts. 



As much as I love short suits I just dont think its practical for my life, I tried to picture an occasion where it would be appropriate and for the most part I couldn't.  So its the pant suit for me preferably in a bright color like cobalt, purple or green. I would also love a printed one (SOLANGE is the queen of those) but I want to start first with a solid colored impeccably tailored suit. So how do you feel about the "modern" take on suits are you sold. You can check out my picks below.


SUPPLECHIC'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL HAS MOVED HERE
INVENTORY ADDED TO THE SHOP!
STAY BLESSED

4 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeee pants suits! Very nice collection you have here. I would prefer pants as well!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep cause as much as i like the short suit its just not practical i am reiterating this to my self to keep my self from buying one lol!

      Delete
  2. I am definitely sold on this ASOS suit! I just cannot bring myself to purchase it for the fear of seeing someone else in it. :-/

    www.24plusstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl if you love it then get it! its all about how you rock it. on the day i wore the dress that i featured on my birthday post the girl standing next to me in line was wearing the same dress she and her friends made such a fuss and acted like they didnt see me all at the same time! unless ur the designer some else has it lol!

      Delete