CHIC FINDS

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Aquamarine: Mint Tee and White Midi Skirt

Dorothy, Perkins, biker, jacket

how to wear pastels
MOTO JACKET // TEE // MIDI // SANDALS // SUNGLASSES
Since Marisa Webs debut BR presentation I have been intrigued with mixing blues and greens. I'm not sure why I had such an epiphany while viewing that presentation because we see blues and greens mixing all the time in nature for example when you think of a scene off of an island.

Typically pastel colors are big during spring and this season is no exception. Mint is one of my favorite pastel colors and it's the perfect bridge color when you're trying to mix blues and greens because it's made up of both colors. With that in mind I knew that a mint colored piece would be perfect to tie together an outfit  with colors like army green and aqua blue.

I started this outfit from the bottom up I love the way my  Blue Sandals  ( budget option Here  & wide fit Here) from Justfab contrasted with my White Midi skirt from River Island (see similar Here & Here). Next I decided to pair my midi skirt with a mint Tee to play on the blues in the outfit. It was a nippy spring day so I decided to throw on my army green Leather Jacket ( found a mint and blush pink version Here). This army green Jacket from Dorothy Perkins is made with the softest faux leather I have ever touched. It feels almost like real leather and is a great spring alternative from the typical black leather Jacket; especially for those who can't live without there moto jacket. This look works because the colour of the jacket works as a neutral and the style of the jacket adds some edge to an otherwise sweet look.

Mother's Day is May 10 less than a month away! If you or you Mom love pastels specifically mint and lavender as much as I do, then you definitely want to check out my Mother's Day Gift Guide! I have curated great picks that are sure to tickle your pastel fancy.

SHOP THE POST


Will you be purchasing spring versions of your fall/winter  closet favorites