CHIC FINDS

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Seeing Stripes : Off Shoulder Top & Midi Skirt




SKIRT // TOP // PUMPS // CLUTCH  
Its no secret that I am really loving the Off the Shoulder look so much so that I did a complete post Here on the trend. I purchased 2 Off the Shoulder tops last summer, I've purchase two Tops already this summer and I'm pretty sure that by the end of this summer I'll add Dresses and Rompers   to my arsenal ( this One is under $23) . The Off the Shoulder look is such an easy way to show off some skin and its super flattering on, across the board. So what  are you waiting for get those shoulders out.
For this look I wanted to step slightly out of my comfort zone ( I resisted the urge to reach for a Black Skirt)  and mix two bold prints. When mixing prints the rule of thumb is to mix prints of different sizes however, the print on my Top and Skirt are similar in size. At the same time this look still works because the two prints have the same color theme ( which is the second rule of thumb, make sure prints have same/similar colors).

I started this look from the Top (literally). I knew I would need something full on the bottom to balance out the fitted Top so I decided to go with my Striped Skirt that I got during the Shopaholic Suite event. Since the Top and Skirt  where already making a statement I went for simple accessories a pair of white Pumps and my trusty Black Clutch .  Have you heard Asos is currently having a crazy sale; make sure to checkout this Post where I shared the best picks from the sale. In Addition Nordstrom is also having their Anniversary Sale (ends Aug 2) and you can shop my picks from that sale Here too.
Do you think I pulled off the look? If you had to what would you change about the look.

SHOP THE POST