CHIC FINDS

Saturday, April 4, 2015

What to Wear Easter Edition: Purple Blouse and Skirt + Orange Pumps

Purple Blouse and Skirt, Boohoo Plus


co-ords , boohoo plus, lilac skirt
SKIRT // TOP // TRENCH // PUMPS // WATCH
I looked up at the calendar and it was Good Friday. I didn't even have Easter in mind when I shot this look. It wasn't until after that I realized that I wore an almost identical look last easter and at the time I was telling myself to blog the look but instead I blogged this look ( which coincidentally is almost identical to this too), but you know sometimes, actually living life gets in the way of blogging. So I guess we've come full circle.

I am not sure why but around this time of year I am usually semi obsessed with pastels maybe its all the pictures of, and actual Easter eggs floating around.If your apprehensive about wearing pastels, here are a few tips to keep in mind when wearing them. Try pairing your pastels with rich, dark hues, like my orangey/red pumps. To offset the light, juvenile nature of some pastels, pair it with edgy pieces, like leather or leopard. If you're nervous about looking like an Easter egg, try pastel pieces in classic shapes, like my classic pencil skirt. Finally pair pastels with  other classic pieces like stripes or a pointy toed pump.

For this look I decided to keep things easy by pairing two lilac pieces together ( they didnt come together but they make a nice Co-ord) the top is actually form JcPenney and the skirt is from Boohoo( you can get a similar one Here I also love this Tutu version Here). Instead of going for a neutral shoe like I typically would I decided to add some heat to the look by pairing it with my Ankle Strap Pumps (I also love these crosstrap wide width pumps in Yellow and Pink)  and since it is spring I finished the look with a spring staple the Trench ( additional option Here). If you dont have a trench you  love already you need to stop what your doing and order this One! (I promise it will pay for itself over and over again).

SHOP THE LOOK


By his wounds we are healed! Isaiah 53:5 Happy Easter!