CHIC FINDS

Saturday, July 21, 2012

HEAT WAVE: MY JOURNEY FROM DAY TO NIGHT (BFSC)

Hello dolls!! it feels good to know I am not talking to my self if you are new to our family I just want to welcome you!
I dont know about where you live but we are paying for our mild winter where I live with daily 100+ degree weather, now I know for some folks this is the norm but here it is not.
  
Anyway back to the matter at hand its hot so what to wear! 

over the last couple of years I have started to learn to be comfortable with my body but as I stated in the previous post it took me some time and one hangup that I still struggle with are my arms which I inherited, so I usually shy away from anything sleeveless and would default to three quarter sleeves. However as the temperature rises I have had to damn my hangups and am now wearing what will keep me as sane/cool as possible.

I spotted this mint green SLEEVELESS top at H&m for $12 I was so excited cause at that time I was having a MINT moment. I decided to pair it with this cute BODY-CON skirt from forever and.......

ways to wear a body-con skirt plus size

perfect sunglasses for face shape
Shirt : H&M Skirt/Bracelets/Sunglasses/Necklace/shoes/Bag : F21

how to sportswear and pastel trend

Sometimes I marvel at the fact that I was born and partially raised in a tropical climate ( west Africa) because I really hate heat=sweat! I am quite miserable when I am hot lol!

Anywho as I was looking at my posts I notice a trend( lol like I have that many posts)most of my outfit posts have been on the casual side (heel-less) and to be quiet honest you will get a lot more of that from me.
 So I decided to do a day to "night" post, if you are familiar with my YOUTUBE channel you will know this is one of my favorite thing to do, wear one thing multiple ways.I am going to be quiet now lol! and if you took the time to read all of this give yourself a pat on the back.
 So ladies how do you feel about sleeves/less (even when its not flattering) yay or nay ?

How to wear body-con skirt plus size

one skirt from day to night, plus size, full figure

how to wear tribal print, curvy, chubby, fat
Tank : J.S.  Bag/Ring : H&M  Necklace : Charlotte Russe  Shoes : Vince Camuto
P.S I know their is all this controversy about spanx/shape-wear/girdles but I am for them, I believe they give your clothing the ideal framework to sit on and honestly if you've had a child it keeps the under belly under control.
SUPPLECHIC'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL HAS MOVED SUBSCRIBE HERE
NEW INVENTORY ADDED TO THE SHOP!

18 comments:

  1. Girl, let me tell you! *gasps* one of my BIGGEST hangups with my body is my stomach, I have a lot/hate thing with it, sometimes I think it's fine and it looks quite decent and then sometimes I won't wear certain things because I feel like my stomach is just acting out that day. I feel it makes me look disproportionate, but the moral of my story here is that I absolutely understand where you're coming from with the hangups you had/have with your arms. I'm working on mine one season at a time, this summer I'm gonna try flaunt my body a little more and yes I agree with you, spanx do help and much like you I'm all for them.

    We're having a terrible winter here in South Africa and this season is when I'm most miserable, I wouldn't mind switching seasons with you right now! That skirt is beautiful, love the mint green shirt, the whole outfit is a cool summery chic ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the encouragement! I have to remind my self from time to time that no one is perfect despite what is portrayed in the media

      Delete
  2. I think you go to LAYOUT on blogger, and the top left corner, click that square and upload pic to use :) I think...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks gurl i figured it out i thought it was a complicated process, sometimes google is not ur friend lol!

      Delete
  3. Love the look it looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I'm all about the those Spanx!

    Even though I'm Nigerian (but born and raised in the DC area) and I've been to
    Nigeria multiple times, I still don't like hot weather. I don't DO hot weather. UGH! Fall season better hurry up and make its debut.

    Anywho, you look great. Cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly fall is the perfect season

      Delete
  5. Sometimes you need a reminder that you're GORGEOUS and look amazing in everything!! Im loving your outfit and keep dodging those hangups, remember we are our own worst critics at times but just brush it off and show off your fabulousness <3
    Brisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO in love with this skirt!
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete