CHIC FINDS

Thursday, July 26, 2012

BFSC: ISLAND STATE OF MIND

I am in serious need of a vacation,since that is a long way off I will console my self by dressing like I am on vacation. I am really having a citrus moment,I have been graduating towards colors like chartreuse/citron.I was so happy when I scored this 100% silk skirt (brand new)while thrift-ing it was definitely my score of the summer.

how to wear bustier top

how to wear a crop top

How to style Ankara

how to wear a cropped bustier plus size
Earring : F21  Bustier : DIY  Skirt : Thrift Shoes : Shop Hallelu

So happy that I have only three more pieces to cross off my BFSC list. I actually made this top three years ago when I was desperately on the hunt for a cropped bustier but couldn't find one that had big enough cups. I have to say I was definitely out of my comfort zone with this outfit cause typically when I wear items like this I usually, have to have a jacket or cover-up. Strapless anything (without outerwear) is a no-go area for me because of a combination of reasons my arms and bust. Wearing strapless tops especially when you are busty can be tricky finding the proper bra is key. Thankfully stores like Lane Bryant and torrid and brands like Fig-leaves, Just My Size and Bare Necessities are listening.   
P.S I have learned that the key to wearing crop tops when you are plus size is all about what you wear on the bottom 
hint:"high waisted"

NEW INVENTORY ADDED TO THE SHOP!
YOUTUBE FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TUMBLR TWITTER
STAY BLESSED 

21 comments:

  1. love this!! you look gorg! Love the bustier, one one myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is one heck of a score. Don't you just love thrifting? This whole outfit gets a 10 out of 10 from me. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwh thanks!! and yes i love thriftin it can get addictive tho lol!!

      Delete
  3. This look is lovely and bright! Did you use a pattern for the bustier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was a modified burda-style bustier ( a free member posted one)

      Delete
  4. Very, very cute outfit. Love the cropped top/bustier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt, great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. wow in a good way or a bad way lol! I am just gonna assume good Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Im low key hating you found that skirt thrifting lol and I absolutely love that bustier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats why i cant get over thrifting, its like ur a pirate searching for treasure lol! im thinking of hi-lo-ing it but scared cause i dont want to mess it up

      Delete
  8. This outfit is GORGEOUS! You look absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look!!!! The bustier is the bomb!!!

    www.plussizesouthernlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This thrifted look is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot I had to share it on my FB page dedicated to thrifting https://www.facebook.com/mythriftedcloset?ref=hl

    XOXO
    SheDel

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete